Pages.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Salam.

A very observant person I am, (not to mention grammar nazi) I can't help but notice it when people type their reply to salam. Not wasalam, wslm, or salam. It's the full reply, waalaikumussalam.

Sebab apa yang orang type, itu yang biasanya orang tu akan pronounce, kan?

Waalaikumussalam. That's how I usually type mine. But what I usually see is waalaikumsalam. Notice the difference?

1. Waalaikumussalam
2. Waalaikumsalam

I remember my ustaz in sekolah rendah correcting me regarding this. I too, used to be very ignorant and semua benda pun nak cepat, nak lekeh je. It's just a syllable, after all. He corrected me two things, my salam and my doa iftitah.

The right way of

Salam: Waalaikumussalam
Doa Iftitah: Allahu akbaru kabirawwalhamdulillah.. (I used to silent the u)

Tapi mana tau sekarang dah tua tua ni otak dah berkarat, I could be recalling the wrong stuff. Mungkin selama ni jawab salam tak betul. So I did some little research on the salam part. Found some articles and disputes which one it should be. Mostly say it should be the former (1). But let's go back to the basic, the Arabic letters themselves.

So it's waalaikumussalam then.



Wallahualam.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Lol dh jd ustazah dh skang eh? Hehe bagus2.. Alhamdulillah 😁

Bella said...

Alhamdulillah. Renung renungkan dan selamat beramal.

Amboi bang, main kasar nampak? Exam ada lagi 2 paper, kalau ye pun lek lu.