Pages.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks for the memories even though they weren't so great.

Funny how people and time are so much alike. Time, a lot like people, come and leave. And being mean, they leave just when we want them to freeze, just like when we thought we have found someone and wish they could stay, but they too, had to leave.


I'm all excited for 2011, I don't know why. Perhaps because 2010 has been awesomely adventurous for me, I guess. Just when I thought people can't change, 2010 has proven me wrong. Dead wrong. I, too, changed.


If one were to ask me, what are the most valuable lessons I have picked up in 2010 (other than learning the fact that IB can literally kill you even after finishing it), I would easily say there are two things I was never good at, and 2010 has successfully made me go through them the hard way.

  1. Rejection
  2. Distance
I was never good at rejection. In other words - I pretty much can't handle it. I can't take it. Sometimes I feel that I think too highly of myself; that I don't deserve rejection, in any ways, by any means. My parents once said, I can never take a NO as an answer. And 2010 had its own way to actually teach me to accept a HUGE FAT HEARTBREAKING NO.



________________________________________________

Dear Nurul Nabilah

Unfortunately, we cannot accept you for September 2010 on condition of you obtaining your IB Diploma in November 2010.
All students have to have the relevant qualification on commencement of the course.

I am, therefore, writing to confirm that the email sent to you on 19 August 2010 is CANCELLED as we were not in receipt of all the necessary information when sending it. In error, we have sent you an enrolment pack which you should disregard and destroy.

I am sorry to give you this disappointing news but wish you well.

With kind regards

Jo Durran
University of Leicester, Medical School Admissions, Maurice Shock Building
P O Box 138, University Road, LEICESTER LE1 9HN, United Kingdom

________________________________________________


As for distance, I still dread every second of it. Worse, now I am starting to despise time zones as well. But as Coldplay says in Fix You; 

"If you never try, you'll never know just what you worth."


Hi, my name is Bella. And I am going to prove you are DEAD WRONG.


Distance - I won't say I am now good at it. But I think things are getting better. We are more than we thought we were. Personally, I, myself, am amazed on how things work between the two of us. I never thought I could actually do this. Of course, there are bitter moments, but hey, I am actually DOING IT!


"And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Kahlil Gibran



Thanks for the memories, 2010. I shall NOT miss you.

No comments: