Pages.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beauty in the rain.

There is something that Belfast and Scotland (in general) share in common - their weather.

Having lived in England for nearly three years now, I must say that our weather is fairly moderate. There's plenty of sunshine that we don't really feel the need to rush out and sunbathe whenever it's bright and sunny outside. Sure, it would be nice to, but deep down we know there will always be another shades and flats kinda day.

Not in Belfast. I don't think the same goes to Scotland. At least this is how I feel.

Belfast is almost always gloomy that sunshine is a luxury. I've never worn flats to Belfast because let's admit it, I'm such a pessimist when it comes to Belfast weather. It always rains. Always wet. Always too windy. Always cold. 

I'm guessing the same goes to Scotland. A friend in Glasgow said that rain is their bestfriend, that no one lives in Glasgow without a raincoat or a waterproof jacket. I, on the other hand, survived one whole year without a waterproof jacket in Leicester. (until I bought that darn Superdry that seems to last forever, ugh?)

Last weekend I was in Belfast and Scotland for some snowboarding (more into that later) and I realised, it's the weather that makes these two places special.

It was really sunny up to 18 deg that I can't help but feel special in some ways. Belfast when it's bright and sunny, is so glorious that nothing compares to it. It makes me treasure the day so much, that I can't help but feel warm and fuzzy inside. Not even the sunniest day in Leicester can do that to me.

Same goes to Scotland. We made a short transit in Glasgow and it was all warm and the sun was shining ever so majestically that I wished I could stay longer there. I've been to Glasgow once when it rained all the time, so you can guess how much I wanted to explore the sunny side of the city.

It's all about the weather, really.

A true happiness becomes more meaningful after you've tasted the bitter side of it.

After all you can only see the brightest of stars in the dark.

No comments: