Pages.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

So far away for far too long.



Adam won’t let me depart to UK earlier than I should, yet he’s not sure if he’s coming home this summer.


There's Adam, and there's a place to call home. I miss home. I feel like I’ve been too far away for far too long. Having maids since I was a kid, growing up in boarding school, staying at college while my family living abroad, now on my own in KL while Ayah and Ummi are both away.

And I have like, six months to pack my things before I really leave.

I want to go home. I miss the smell of a home. I miss listening to Ayah’s craps every day, passing wisdom in the most annoying-argument-provoking way. I miss Ummi’s nag on how messy the house is especially when it comes to the dusty floor and piling laundries. I miss the fights between Afiq and Adam (though I think Afiq is reaching an age where he thinks he should have a girlfriend already). I miss shoo-ing Syahirah from the room just because I still can’t accept that I’m sharing the room with her. I miss waking up to find breakfast served on the table. I miss those weekends when Ayah would mow the lawn, wash his cars, go out jogging, etc. I miss the smell from Ummi’s cooking. I miss a home. I miss the sight of a home, where you wake up to find green grass and dry leaves on the yard, instead of the gloomy skies tarnished by high rise buildings seen from 25th floor.


Kalau yang duduk Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia pun dah homesick macam ni, kawan3 dekat UK Ireland camne pulak ek?





1 comment:

NA said...

"Kalau yang duduk Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia pun dah homesick macam ni, kawan3 dekat UK Ireland camne pulak ek?"

-homesick gila babeng.i miss my mom's nasi lemak,i miss roti canai,i miss ikan bakar,i miss keropok.basically i miss food! i miss breakfast,lunch,dinner prepared on the table( now,i have to cook and of coz tk sedap),i miss
32 to 40 degrees Celsius not 0 degrees celsius.and I MISS U!!!!