Pages.

Monday, November 1, 2010

A simple hi won't hurt, right?

Let’s talk Facebook. Yes, the ultimate time-draining-attention-sucking-mind-possessing-Facebook. It’s not just having A Facebook account, it’s THE Facebook. Everyone loves Facebook. I do. Except that I don’t have any at the moment. FAQ: Frequently Asked Question // Freakingly Avoided Questions “Why did you deactivate your FB?” Last night after not being able to go online for about one week, I had three people asking me that question. Theories: 1. She’s depressed. 2. She’s depressed. 3. She’s depressed. I would say, I WAS depressed. Yela, mana tak nya. Koyak kot. I was in denial for weeks. But when things have gotten too much, they became unbearable. I got tired of questions. Not that I didn’t want to answer them. It’s that I didn’t even have the answers. So apa lagi. Tutup kedai lah. *Top Up Habis Dijual* (mentang3 kerja Maxis, apakah?) But seriously honestly frankly speaking from the bottom of my heart, yes, I was too depressed that I couldn’t face the world. Good friends were taking off, and I was still there, not knowing what was going to happen. And at one point, I thought the world has stopped spinning since he left. Lawak gila. Macamlah dia paksi orbit bumi alam semesta segala. Oh jangan bunuh matahariku. (again, apakah?) But that was once. The first step to solve problems is to admit you have them. Takkan sampai bila3 pun nak in denial lagi tak payah hidup la kalau macam tu. Memang sampai bila3 tak belajar accept things. So she moved on. Found some stuff to do. Settled down. Learnt that seven hours difference is nothing but a geographical factor. (tipu gila walhal 7 jam memang sesuatu yang amat sangatlah member kesan perubahan gaya hidup) HAHAH tengok, denial lagi. Haih. But no, really. She’s doing better than what she thought. Tapi kenapa masih menghilang di Facebook? A friend’s theory while Skyping: “Haaaa kau jeles ehhhhh?” Alahai kalau aku jeles serius dah lama dengan Blogspot Skype YM aku tutup kedai. Duduk rumah diam3 taknak cakap dengan orang. Sikit punya sempit lah. (I know he was just teasing, no harsh feelings okay) If you ask me, I dare say you would be surprised to find out how many friends you actually have in real life once you are thousands miles away left out with no FB account. You are not how many friends you have on FB. You are not how many likes you receive every time you post a status. You are not how many friend requests left pending in your inbox. You are not how many invites you receive to play Farmville, MafiaWars, Baking Life and etc etc. (sorry I never played FB games so I’m a bit clueless about them) You will be surprised knowing how many people actually try to reach you by other means – YM Skype even handset when there is no FB account. Alright, I have made a statement before I will not add people on FB unless I feel the need to, and neither will I approve friend requests that I don’t know. (and I don’t even want to know) And I am not the type who post status updating their lives sharing feelings thoughts etc, neither do I comment on others’ posts. Mungkin ada, tapi sangat jarang lah. I wrote on my friends’ wall, mengarut meraban sikit, (atau mungkin banyak) and that’s about it. So bila orang tak cari saya bila saya hilang kat FB, saya tak pelik lah. Saya memang tak ramai kawan pun. But come to think of it, why bother about those who don’t go looking for you? Think of those who actually search your name on Skype, ask around whether you are online or invisible, call you to ask if you are okay. Seronok weh. Serius tak tipu. Rasa dihargai. Sebab tau diri sendiri memang tak cari orang, so bila orang cari kita ingat lagi memang touching habis ah. Ada yang siap call. Wuhuu terharu segala. So now when people ask me why I still haven’t reactivated my FB account, I would answer because I’m lazy. Malas. Takde kaitan dah dengan tekanan perasaan emosi mental semua, just plain malas. But more, I’m contented. I have my friends already on Skype and handphone. And we talk to each other when we need to. I don’t consider myself as someone with many many many friends (Bella boring kot, celah mana ramai kawan), so I’m really3 at ease with my closest friends around. I have my Adam in UK, KN Izleen Nabilah in Ireland, Ridhu in India, Ara in US, and few more names who really mean something to me. I like being on FB, keeping each other updated, stalking people, silently observing. But for now I feel that I can live without it – for I know I have real friends outside FB and not just “You have 97 pending friend requests”. Maka terjawablah sudah persoalan kenapa Bella takde FB. (ceh macam ramai je sibuk nak tau walhal baru tadi buat statement tak ramai kawan) Poyo poyo. Boo! Why do I talk FB today? Because I caught my supervisor the consultant approving friend requests on his FB while assigning me with tasks to do. Macam seronok je jadi bos?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad that u'r ok!!!
take care bella!
-atik kmb-

Leng Chai said...

uiyo.... ape first komen tu...

haha x taw pon ko deactivate fb...

yeah mmg seronok jd bos pastu kantoi ngah maen fb depan worker... hahaha
lol

Anonymous said...

nama ara ade la.yeay! :)

.nuratiq.moyaz. said...

bella, rindu gilak. keh keh. ni blog baru. http://singledoubleetripleee.blogspot.com/

Crapper said...

bella!!rindu nak main kutuk kutuk dengan kau!:'(
aku gila2 harap kau juga rindu kat aku.please please pleasee.:)