Pages.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you.

Was randomly hopping music videos on youtube, when this played.


Vanilla Twilight - Owl City

I realised the song was released sometime in 2009. Since then it has been on my phone as Adam's ringtone. Since the stone age of my pink Samsung til my current iPhone. Since we first got together. Since then. Til now.

And that's more than 5 years of listening to the same old song whenever he calls. 5 years, that's a heck of a long time to have the same song on your phone. Lol.

The lyric's pretty much about a person missing the other half, although I'm not too sure if it's a separation by death or by distance. 

"I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because
When I think of you
I don't feel so alone."

This song kinda makes me sad, though. It's like a reminder that this distance isn't going anywhere, that I'll still be listening to it fairly often. The words cut deep.

A little trivia - Owl City's lead singer is Adam Young.

"Oh darling I wish you were here."


No comments: