Pages.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Home is you.

The moment I knew Adam's got a job in Leicester, I cried out of happiness. I was ecstatic. Euphoric. The idea of moving together thrills me like nothing else. We're  gonna do a lot of things together! We'll do that food roadtrips that we've always wanted. We'll sing and dance under the dim light of cooker hood after dinner. We'll fill the fridge with fresh groceries and wallop over Tesco ice cream tub watching late night movies. We'll go on a run on weekends. We'll.. The possibilities are endless. 

Then it dawns me.. We'll also wonder why the room feels too small and restricting. We'll have dinners at not-so-right time just because one of us isn't hungry, yet. We'll crave that personal space that has been enveloping us for 25 odd years. Actually I will probably long for it most. Solitude is probably going to be a thing in the past. 

Suddenly the reality of living together becomes too daunting. 

Adam's back in UK to get on a new phase of life inshaAllah after his short holiday for Raya. And I'm back in KL for summer break. We had 3 days to spend in KL before he left, and it has been most wonderful to have him here. Home feels complete with him here. 

Now, I want nothing else but to be with him. Nevermind the huffs and puffs of starting a new life together, I just want to be by his side. Lets not worry about what the future holds. We'll figure things out later. We always do. 


Sometimes.. I'd give anything, everything to have this guy back in my arms. 

No comments: